MKDC’s Covid-19 Secure Guidelines
In order to re-open our doors safely and to comply with the government guidance we have made some changes to our policies and procedures to ensure everyone feels safe coming back to classes. These include:
- Reduced class sizes;
- Enhanced cleaning schedules;
- Email or telephone booking and contactless payment;
- Additional entrance and exit routes to minimise congestion within MKDC.
GENERAL COVID-19 GUIDELINES: SYMPTOMS
Staff, visitors and dancers who are unwell with the following symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) should not attend MKDC. If you have any of the following symptoms please DO NOT enter the building. Please note that we have the right to refuse entry to anyone attending MKDC who has Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Stay at home (self-isolate) – do not leave your home or have visitors. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also self-isolate.
- Get a test – get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, should also get a test if they have symptoms.
GENERAL COVID-19 GUIDELINES: TRAVEL
You should consider the general guidance on travelling safely (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers) when travelling to MKDC. This means:
- considering all other forms of transport, such as cycling and walking, before using public transport;
- observing social contact rules;
- washing or sanitising your hands regularly;
- keeping your distance when you travel, where possible;
- avoiding the busiest routes, as well as busy times like the rush hour.
All classes MUST be pre-booked. If you arrive at MKDC without a class booking then you will not be allowed to enter the building.
All classes must be paid for by bank transfer or card payment over the telephone by the deadline advised or your class place will be cancelled.
We will be supporting the NHS Track & Trace program and so will require conformation of contact details for every class booking. These details will be kept together with the class registers for as long as is required for the NHS system. We are also displaying our own QR code so you can check-in at MKDC using the NHS Covid-19 App.
Class attendees are to arrive in their dance clothes; no changing will be allowed at MKDC. You may change your shoes in your dance space once you are in the ballroom for your class.
Class attendees will be advised which ballroom their class will be in on booking and will need to use the correct entrance/exit for their class:
Ballroom Entrance Exit
Ashworth 1 (downstairs) Main Front Door Front Fire Exit (Ladies)
Ashworth 2 (downstairs) Rear Fire Exit Rear Double Doors/Steps into Car Park
Ashworth (downstairs) Rear Fire Exit Rear Double Doors/Steps into Car Park
Stratford (upstairs) Main Front Door Fire Escape Stairs
Dancers are encouraged to check in at MKDC by using the Test & Trace App (now available on app stores – search NHS COVID-19) or by scanning the code displayed at each entrance using your phone’s camera. We will still keep a separate log of all class attendees so please don’t worry if you are unable to scan the code. For all children’s classes, parents should scan the QR code as the app is only suitable for over 16s.
Children will be escorted / supervised from entrances and to exits by staff members.
Whilst we need to keep social distancing in place we will be asking you to arrive and leave promptly and will be finishing lessons approximately 5 minutes early to facilitate everyone leaving safely and to give the teacher/class assistant time to wipe down all surfaces and touch points between classes. Parents please ensure that you are on time for the start of classes and arrive at least 5 minutes before the end of classes as we have no capacity for children to remain in the building whilst they are not in classes.
All attendees will be asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser on arrival and before leaving.
Social distancing following the 2m or 1m+ guidance will be adhered to in all classes.
Each dancer should bring their own bottle of water to class with them.
No parents/non-class attendees will be allowed in the building. You may wait in your car in the carpark, but please do not wait outside the entrances or exits for the duration of classes. The only exception to this rule is parents of pre-school aged children attending classes as we ask that a parent or carer remains on the premises whilst these classes take place – one parent per child (with siblings if necessary) may choose to wait in our waiting room or our car park but must wear a face covering and follow social distancing guidelines whilst in the building.
It is important that teachers, staff and children do not unduly raise their voices during the sessions as this increases the potential risk of transmission. We will therefore be encouraging the children (and teachers) not to shout during classes.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & THE ‘RULE OF SIX’
Although MKDC is still able to hold classes for groups of more than 6 people (because we are following COVID-19 Secure guidelines) we must ensure that no one attending MKDC mixes in a group of greater than 6. When you visit MKDC you should:
- follow the limits on the number of other people you meet with as a group – no more than 6 people unless you all live together (or are in the same government defined support bubble);
- avoid social interaction with anyone outside the group you are with, even if you see other people you know.
Please keep at least 2 metres away from people you do not live with whilst waiting outside the dance centre.
Following the updated guidance on the use of face coverings in public spaces, we politely request that all those aged 11 and over wear face coverings when:
- waiting in our safe drop off and collection zones;
- entering the building;
- moving around the building;
- leaving the building.
Enhanced cleaning will ensure floors, toilets and touch points are cleaned at least once per day, and more frequently if there are multiple classes during a day.
We will fix doors open and open windows/doors for ventilation where possible.
There will be temporary floor markings in all ballrooms to define an allocated space for each individual dancer.
Any equipment used will be sanitised between users and cleaned at the end of each day it is used.
Coronavirus Risk Assessment
Filming & Photography at Milton Keynes Dance Centre
All customers/students are asked to complete a “Filming & Photography at Milton Keynes Dance Centre (MKDC)” form to give or deny permission for various uses of images of students. Please use the appropriate form below and return the tear off section to us.