Filming & Photography at Milton Keynes Dance Centre
All customers/students are asked to complete a “Filming & Photography at Milton Keynes Dance Centre (MKDC)” form to give or deny permission for various uses of images of students. Please use the appropriate form below and return the tear off section to us.
MKDC’s Covid-19 Secure Guidelines
In order to re-open our doors safely and to comply with the government guidance we have made some changes to our policies and procedures to ensure everyone feels safe coming back to classes. These include:
- Reduced class sizes;
- Enhanced cleaning schedules;
- Email or telephone booking and contactless payment;
- Additional entrance and exit routes to minimise congestion within MKDC.
GENERAL COVID-19 GUIDELINES: SYMPTOMS
Staff, visitors and dancers who are unwell with the following symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) should not attend MKDC. If you have any of the following symptoms please DO NOT enter the building. Please note that we have the right to refuse entry to anyone attending MKDC who has Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Stay at home (self-isolate) – do not leave your home or have visitors. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also self-isolate.
- Get a test – get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, should also get a test if they have symptoms.
GENERAL COVID-19 GUIDELINES: TRAVEL
You should consider the general guidance on travelling safely (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers) when travelling to MKDC. This means:
- considering all other forms of transport, such as cycling and walking, before using public transport;
- observing social contact rules;
- washing or sanitising your hands regularly;
- keeping your distance when you travel, where possible;
- avoiding the busiest routes, as well as busy times like the rush hour.
We will be supporting the NHS Track & Trace program and so will require conformation of contact details for every class booking. These details will be kept together with the class registers for as long as is required for the NHS system. We are also displaying our own QR code so you can check-in at MKDC using the NHS Covid-19 App.
Class attendees are to arrive in their dance clothes; no changing will be allowed at MKDC. You may change your shoes in your dance space once you are in the ballroom for your class.
Class attendees will be advised which ballroom their class will be in on booking and will need to use the correct entrance/exit for their class:
Ballroom Entrance Exit
Ashworth 1 (downstairs) Main Front Door Front Fire Exit (Ladies)
Ashworth 2 (downstairs) Rear Fire Exit Rear Double Doors/Steps into Car Park
Ashworth (downstairs) Rear Fire Exit Rear Double Doors/Steps into Car Park
Stratford (upstairs) Main Front Door Fire Escape Stairs or Main Front Door
Dancers are encouraged to check in at MKDC by using the Test & Trace App (now available on app stores – search NHS COVID-19) or by scanning the code displayed at each entrance using your phone’s camera. We will still keep a separate log of all class attendees so please don’t worry if you are unable to scan the code. For all children’s classes, parents should scan the QR code as the app is only suitable for over 16s.
Children will be escorted / supervised from entrances and to exits by staff members.
Whilst we need to keep social distancing in place we will be asking you to arrive and leave promptly and will be finishing lessons approximately 5 minutes early to facilitate everyone leaving safely and to give the teacher/class assistant time to wipe down all surfaces and touch points between classes. Parents please ensure that you are on time for the start of classes and arrive at least 5 minutes before the end of classes as we have no capacity for children to remain in the building whilst they are not in classes.
All attendees will be asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser on arrival and before leaving.
Social distancing following the 2m or 1m+ guidance will be adhered to in all classes.
Each dancer should bring their own bottle of water to class with them.
No parents/non-class attendees will be allowed in the building. You may wait in your car in the carpark, but please do not wait outside the entrances or exits for the duration of classes. The only exception to this rule is parents of pre-school aged children attending classes as we ask that a parent or carer remains on the premises whilst these classes take place – one parent per child (with siblings if space allows) may choose to wait in our waiting room or our car park but must wear a face covering and follow social distancing guidelines whilst in the building.
It is important that teachers, staff and children do not unduly raise their voices during the sessions as this increases the potential risk of transmission. We will therefore be encouraging the children (and teachers) not to shout during classes.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & THE ‘RULE OF SIX’
Although MKDC is still able to hold classes for groups of more than 6 people (because we are following COVID-19 Secure guidelines) we must ensure that no one attending MKDC mixes in a group of greater than 6. When you visit MKDC you should:
- follow the limits on the number of other people you meet with as a group – no more than 6 people (or two households) unless you all live together (or are in the same government defined support bubble);
- avoid social interaction with anyone outside the group you are with, even if you see other people you know.
Please keep at least 2 metres away from people you do not live with whilst waiting outside the dance centre.
Following the updated guidance on the use of face coverings in public spaces, we politely request that all those aged 11 and over wear face coverings when:
- waiting in our safe drop off and collection zones;
- entering the building;
- moving around the building;
- leaving the building.
Enhanced cleaning will ensure floors, toilets and touch points are cleaned at least once per day, and more frequently if there are multiple classes during a day.
We will fix doors open and open windows/doors for ventilation where possible.
There will be temporary floor markings in all ballrooms to define an allocated space for each individual dancer.
Any equipment used will be sanitised between users and cleaned at the end of each day it is used.
Coronavirus Risk Assessment
Milton Keynes Dance Centre is committed to protecting your (including any dependants’) personal information. We are dedicated to providing a safe environment for all our customers, students, staff and everybody who comes into contact with us, both physically and virtually (online). This Privacy Statement relates to the use of any personal information provided to us online or via application forms, telephone, email exchange, letters or correspondence.
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with current legislation concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
The Milton Keynes Dance Centre website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies and we therefore urge you to review them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DOES MILTON KEYNES DANCE CENTRE HAVE ABOUT ME?
When you participate in or sign up to any of Milton Keynes Dance Centre’s classes, activities, social events, shows, etc we may collect and store personal information about you. Depending on how you are engaging with us this can consist of information such as:
– your name
– your children’s name(s)
– email address
– postal address
– telephone or mobile number
– date(s) of birth
– medical conditions
– contact preferences
– photographs and/or videos
By submitting your details, you enable us to provide you with the information regarding the services that you have selected and provide a safe teaching environment.
3. HOW WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use your information for a number of purposes including:
– to provide you with information about our products, services and activities and to deal with your requests and enquiries, including complaints;
– for “service administration purposes”, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service or activity you signed up for (eg, invoices, or change of details regarding a class you are enrolled in, etc);
– to contact you about an application you have made;
– to process your application for employment and, where applicable, your employment once appointed;
– to post any relevant examination documents.
As and when we need to use your personal information for reasons other than the ones specified above, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
Milton Keynes Dance Centre does NOT share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes. We do NOT sell your data, and neither do we buy data from third parties.
4. HOW MAY MILTON KEYNES DANCE CENTRE CONTACT ME?
Milton Keynes Dance Centre may contact you:
– in relation to any service or activity you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
– to remind you of important deadlines and/or renewal notifications;
– in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our services;
– to occasionally market products or services that we think may be of interest to you .
We will not hold more information than required and will ensure all personal data is kept up to date and used only for the specific purposes outlined above.
5. WHAT IF I DO NOT WANT DATA STORED OR CONTACT REGARDING PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR EVENTS?
You have the right to ask us not to hold or use personal data, however this would mean we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services available.
Should you decide to opt-out of any data storage:
– you must stay on the premises during all classes in case of an emergency;
– your child will not be able to be entered for any examination, or participate in any shows as we will not be able to process the appropriate candidate information.
Please note consent is not required for us to email regarding the class you are enrolled in (invoices, updates, cancellations etc) or regarding any enquires you may have contacted the school about as these fall under legitimate interest (please see next point).
6. LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may hold or use personal data on the grounds of ‘legitimate interest’. In simple terms this means we can process personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests. This includes information we are legally required to store even after a request to be forgotten.
Medical information is sensitive data and held on the grounds of legitimate interest. This data will only be processed and stored by Milton Keynes Dance Centre when relevant to ensure your or your child’s safety whilst participating in our services or activities. This data will be erased after request to be forgotten, or at any time if it becomes irrelevant.
7. YOUNG USERS
If you are under 18 and you provide us with information on an application form (online or printed), your parent(s)/guardian(s) permission will be required.
8. TAKING, STORING AND USING IMAGES OF STUDENTS
Certain uses of images are necessary for publicising and updating other parents of Milton Keynes Dance Centre services and activities. All customers/students are asked to complete a “Filming & Photography at Milton Keynes Dance Centre (MKDC)” form to give or deny permission for various uses of images of students. These are available via our website or, on request, from our staff.
9. HOW LONG WILL MILTON KEYNES DANCE CENTRE KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We keep the information we hold about our customers and students for as long as is necessary to deliver the services we are providing you with.
If you child has completed any IDTA examinations whilst at the school we will store all exam data; including your child’s name, PIN number, date of any exam(s) and your child’s result.
Where you have given us permission to use images for promotional purposes we will retain these for as long as they are used for marketing, etc purposes as stated in our “Filming & Photography at Milton Keynes Dance Centre (MKDC)” form.
10. WHERE IS THE INFORMATION STORED? AND HOW IS IT PROTECTED?
Milton Keynes Dance Centre use a variety of procedures and secure technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We store personal information you provide to us on secure, password protected, computers and database only accessed by our teachers and administration team.
Data is occasionally stored on services provided by trusted third party service providers with which we have entered into data processing agreements with. Services such as event ticketing, database services, and website hosting. In these circumstances your data cannot be used by these third parties unless instructed to do so by Milton Keynes Dance Centre. Your information will not be shared with any other service providers or organisations apart from us. All data will only be used for the agreed purpose relating to the service that they are providing. Our main data processors are:
– (website host)
– Class Manager Software (administration system)
– IDTA (examinations body)
All of these data processors must comply with current GDPR regulations and legislation.
We do not transfer any personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
The security measures described above ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect your personal information.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
When asked to submit personal data for enrolment purposes there will be an option for you to select which types of communications you consent to receiving from Milton Keynes Dance Centre, and in some cases how you wish to be contacted. You have the right to change your preferences or opt-out of consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The accuracy of your personal data is important to us and you hold the right to update any information held by us. Please help us keep our data records up to date by amending your record on our Class Manager Portal.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request full access to any personal information held about you, if you wish to make a Data Access Request or if you would like to request the right for Milton Keynes Dance Centre to delete any personal data stored about you, please contact email@example.com.You must provide description of what information you wish to see alongside proof of identity.
If you ask for data to be removed, please note we may have a lawful reason to hold or use personal data which does not require consent, such as on the grounds of legitimate interest. In this case we will keep the minimum amount of information required to ensure we adhere to your request.
12. THIS NOTICE
This notice may be updated from time to time. If updated any substantial changes that affect your rights will be communicated directly to you as far as reasonably practicable.
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES REGARDING THE ABOVE TERMS AND POLICIES PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE PRINCIPAL OR VICE PRINCIPAL.